You should probably know, I smoke cigars and tell people what I like and don't like. This is my opinion. Take it as such, I don't pontificate as an expert, just as an enthusiast. To begin I should explain the lack of picture for this cigar. I forgot. I'll tell you what it looks like though! The band is at the foot, black with “5150” embossed in an old gold Gothic typeface. It's simple, and that's why I like it. On to the cigar. The Esteban Carreras 5150 is a Corojo wrapped in Ecuadorian grown Sumatra, with Nicaraguan fillers and binder. The overall construction is just a hair from amazing. A few spots along the cigar looked as if the wrapper wasn't just right. Appearance-wise, it was beautiful. A slight mottled color with a wrapper devoid of veins or bulges made the 5150 something that really looked, well, real. By that, I mean that it didn't look perfect, but that allowed for a very true to life, non-manufactured, non-gussied-up look, which I really...
Just had to get this off my chest today.... I often hear people in conversations speaking about how much they enjoy all sorts of music. I guess that's fair. It's possible, but, I'm quite sure, very unlikely. Do you really like everything? Really? You sir, in the black jeans, white tee, beret and purple scarf! Do you enjoy the musical intricacies of Biz Markie or The Fat Boys? I like many kinds of music. I'm not telling a lie. However, I don't like all kinds of music. I appreciate the talent of a "death metal" drummer, but I don't like "death metal". So sue me. I gave it a shot, and didn't like it. If we're playing with most modern rock styles, give me some Nightwish or Sonata Arctica, and I'm down. Okay, now that I've pushed that aside, the real point I want to get to is the eternal question thrown around in almost every music-based conversation - "What is real music?" Here's my answer- Who cares? No, really. I...
No frills, let's get to it- What ya need: 1/3 cup 1% buttermilk 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce 4 bone-in chicken breasts (about 12 ounces each), boneless is fine, just marinate longer 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs Ok, so: In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, chives, mustard, and hot sauce. Remove the skin from the chicken breasts, add the chicken to the bowl, and let it soak for 30 minutes (or overnight). Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray Remove the chicken from the marinade and season it with salt and pepper. Place the bread crumbs in a wide, shallow bowl. Dip the chicken into the bread crumbs and toss well to coat. Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Spray the chicken with cooking spray and bake until it is just cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. ...
Comments
Post a Comment