Steak Rub, for fun and things

  I often am asked what my favorite methods are for some simple things. Honestly, for a lot of things, I have more than one way of doing them, and I just choose the method I find best suited for the time and audience. So, in light of all this, here is one of my favorite steak rubs. If you don't put a rub on your steak or do anything to it, out side of seasoning it a little bit, I have nothing bad to say to you. That's how I generally like my steak. However, sometimes, I feel the need to step it up a bit. This recipe is just that- a step up. This recipe yields much more than you'll need for one steak, so don't overdo it.

What ya need:
  • 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup of kosher sea salt
  • 2 tablespoons of cumin
  • 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
  • 2 tablespoons of onion powder
  • 1 tablespoon of dry English mustard
  • 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 tablespoon of finely ground white pepper
  • 1/2 tablespoon of finely ground black pepper

Ok, so-
In a medium Tupperware, or sealed container, shake all of the ingredients together until well incorporated. Sprinkle this onto all sides of the meat and rub it in.Now cook your steak to the desired temperature and enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten Free Happiness!

Chicago, and the one thing I have yet to really do there

Mustard-Glazed Turkey Cutlets - Guest Post!!!