An Appropriate Beginning...






Well, I guess the most appropriate of beginnings to my blog would be a recipe. I cook, and often get paid to do so. It's a pretty nice gig. So, from the cookbook that I've been meaning to get around to for about six years, I give you the recipe for Mama Love's Sunday Oysters -


A good friend of mine had a habit for touting his mother’s oyster bake as the finest in the world. Being obviously very skeptical, I decided to investigate this claim when his mother so very graciously invited me to Sunday Dinner at her St. Louis home. As soon as I took my first bite, I had to know what went in to making this incredible dish! When she told me how easy it was, I staggered in astonishment. I recommend this to anyone trying their hand at seafood, as it is simple and rewarding.

Ingredients:

1 15.5 oz. can of Oysters

1 standard size can of French Friend Onions

1/4 cup of light cream

2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese

2 tablespoons of sweet cream butter


Ok, so:

Drain the can of oysters and rinse very lightly, very quickly. Now take a 8-inch baking dish and grease the bottom of it with butter. Be careful not to use all of the butter, only most of it, in this process as you will need about 1/8 tablespoon later in the process. Coat the bottom of the pan with 3/4 cup of the French Friend Onions and arrange the oysters over this coating of onions. Pour the light cream over the oysters. Be careful as to not disturb the arrangement of oysters and onions. Top the oysters and cream with the remaining French Fried Onions and the grated Parmesan cheese. Place the remaining butter on top of all of this and throw it in the over for 8-10 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Serve hot and enjoy!

Comments

  1. I'm not a big seafood fan but this does sound easy. Even for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten Free Happiness!

Chicago, and the one thing I have yet to really do there

Mustard-Glazed Turkey Cutlets - Guest Post!!!